Record after record! Incredible Anita Włodarczyk and her new World Record 82,98 m!!! Another success with Polanik
29 August 2016
What this woman does with our hammers??!!
27 000 fans, during Skolimowska Memorial in Warsaw, could see live how World and Olympic champion Anita Wlodarczyk broke her own world record. She set incredible world record in hammer throw 82.98! Like always she threw Polanik Gold Hammer. Paweł Fajdek won in men hammer throwm the best result of season 2016 – 82.47 m.
Polanik company once again was a sponsor and supplier of that event, so all amazing results were achieved on Polanik implements :)
She followed her record mark with a throw of 81.27m before ending her series with a foul. It was the first time in which the 31-year-old had landed three throws beyond 81 metres in the same series.Wlodarczyk set the previous world record of 82.29m when winning the Olympic title in Rio. Including ancillary marks, Wlodarczyk now owns the top 20 throws in history, 11 of which are beyond 80 metres.
Britain's Olympic bronze medallist Sophie Hitchon was more than 10 metres in arrears of Wlodarczyk, throwing 72.42m to take second place.
"I was saying that I want to improve the record and I was able to keep my word," said Wlodarczyk.
"Maybe I could have broken it in the first round but I like to improve step by step and play with the emotions. Yes, it was close to 83 meters, but let's save something for the next season."
Wlodarczyk dedicated the victory to the late Kamila Skolimowska, the 2000 Olympic champion, who was a close friend before she passed away unexpectedly in 2009.
Let us remind that it is obviously not the first time Anita Wlodarczyk wins record results with our hammers:
- August 2016-The Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro-with the result 82,98 m she improved her own world record and reached the Olympic gold
- August 2015-Kamila Skolimowska Throws Festival in Cetniewo - The pole gave an amazing throw at distance of 81.08 meters; thus she became the first woman in world history, which threw the hammer farther than 80 meters
- August 2014-European Athletics Championships in Zurich-in the final of hammert throw competition Anita Włodarczyk with the result of 78,76 m improved the record of the European Championships, Polish record and her own result of this year and gained gold medal; bronze medal reached Joanna Asia Fiodorow (also with Polanik hammer)
- August 2013-World Championships in Athletics in Moscow-silver medal and new national recod
- August 2012-The London 2012 Summer Olympics-77,60 m and second place
- August 2009-World Championships in Athletics in Berlin-gold and the world record 77,96 m